Traffic Ticket Lawyer in Unionville, NY
Unionville Village Court
7 Main Street
PO Box 148
Unionville, NY 10988
Village of Unionville Website:
Unionville is a tiny village located in the Town of Minisink in Orange County, NY. Route 284 runs directly through Unionville. If you were stopped for speeding on Route 284, or on any other local road, call an experienced traffic lawyer now. I am skilled traffic violations lawyer Jonathan D. Katz and I’ve been successfully fighting traffic tickets for clients in the Village of Unionville and throughout NY for over 36 years.
You may not be required to appear in Unionville Village Court to answer your traffic charge. An experienced traffic defense attorney can stand up for you in court and defend you against a traffic offense. I believe that everyone deserves the strongest possible legal defense. That’s why I am a tenacious attorney who will do whatever it takes to contest your traffic charges. I also believe that my clients deserve focused attention, which is why I am always available, day or night to answer your questions and discuss your case. The strategy I use in court will depend on the type of traffic charge, the strength of the other side’s evidence and the facts of your case.Traffic Offenses in Orange County, NY
I am a local attorney who is familiar with local courts. I appear every day in traffic courts throughout Orange County and Ulster County, helping NY drivers and out-of-state drivers beat their traffic charges. When I represent you, I will discuss your case with the prosecutor and police officer in an effort to come to an arrangement that allows you to maintain your driving privileges and keep points off your license. I will argue for you at trial, if necessary, and fight to protect your legal rights in the courtroom. I represent clients who have been accused of the following traffic offenses:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
If you have a pending traffic court date in Unionville, you may be concerned about the possible outcomes. Do not make the mistake of pleading guilty to a traffic ticket without first talking to a knowledgeable traffic attorney about how to proceed in your case. A guilty plea to a moving violation in Unionville or anywhere else in Orange County, NY could have severe consequences that include:
- The Unionville Traffic Court will notify the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) about your traffic conviction. Once the DMV places the conviction on your driving record, you could face higher insurance rates, as well as suspension of your license. Out-of-state drivers are also subject to points on their license, surcharges and other penalties for a traffic offense in Unionville because the NY DMV will forward notice of the conviction to their home state.
- A traffic conviction could result in heavy fines, monetary penalties and other court costs. I always try to get traffic charges dismissed or reduced so that my clients avoid the most severe penalties.
- Your insurance provider may elect to raise your insurance rates as a result of a traffic conviction. Depending on the circumstances, your insurance policy might even be cancelled.
- If you are convicted of a particularly serious traffic offense, or if you have prior traffic convictions, the Unionville Village Court judge may suspend or revoke your driver’s license.
Before you plead guilty to a traffic violation in Unionville, NY, discuss your options with an experienced attorney. Even if you think your traffic ticket is minor, it could have serious implications for your driving record, your driver’s license and your insurance rates. That’s why you need to speak with me prior to making any final decisions about how to proceed in your case.
Patrol officers are not perfect; they can make mistakes. A skilled traffic attorney will examine the details of your traffic stop and get to the bottom of what happened. For example, if the police officer did not have probable cause to stop your vehicle, or if the radar gun was in need of maintenance, an experienced attorney can potentially challenge the evidence and get your traffic charges dismissed. When you have a knowledgeable lawyer on your side, your chances of success in a traffic case are greatly enhanced. I am prepared to bring my 36 years of experience with me to the negotiating table and, if necessary, the courtroom in Unionville, New York.Call an Experienced Unionville, NY Traffic Ticket Attorney
If you’ve been issued a citation for speeding or any other traffic offense in Unionville, NY, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. can help you fight the charges. I have successfully represented many clients accused of moving violations in Orange County, Ulster County and everywhere else in New York. Call me at (866) 265-0222 to discuss your traffic charges or schedule a consultation at my Saugerties, NY office.