Traffic Ticket Lawyer in Montgomery Town, NY
Montgomery Town Court
110 Bracken Road
Montgomery, NY 12549
Montgomery Town Court Website:
Montgomery is a town located in the northern section of Orange County, New York. The Town of Montgomery contains three villages: Montgomery, Maybrook and Walden. Routes 17K, 208 and 211 pass through the town. If you were ticketed while driving on one of these roads, or on any other local road, contact me today to schedule a consultation about your ticket.
A traffic charge in Montgomery Town, NY does not necessarily mean you have to show up to court. I am Jonathan D. Katz and I believe every one of my clients deserves a top-notch legal defense. That’s why I am always available to my clients, day or night, to answer questions, talk strategy and discuss legal options for fighting their traffic tickets. Depending on the type of traffic ticket you received, the evidence available in your case and the facts of your traffic stop, I can potentially raise a number of legal and factual defenses on your behalf.Traffic Charges in Orange County, New York
I represent clients every day in courtrooms across NY, including Orange County and Ulster County. I have successfully defended countless Orange County residents, other New York drivers and out-of-state drivers who were ticketed while driving through New York. I will vigorously represent you against during negotiations and, if necessary at trial in Montgomery Town Traffic Court if you’ve been issued a traffic citation for:
- High-Speed Tickets
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- Handheld Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Violations
- DWI / DWAI / DUI
- Running a Red Light
- Illegal Lane Changes
- Failure to Yield
- Faulty Equipment
- Repeat Offenses
- Other Traffic Violations
Even if you have every intention of pleading guilty to a traffic offense in Montgomery Town, NY, speak with an experienced NY traffic attorney before you do so. A guilty plea to a moving violation in New York could subject you to severe consequences, including:
- The Montgomery Town Court will notify the NY Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), which will then place the conviction on your driving record. Even if you are an out-of-state driver, you can be hit with points, surcharges and other penalties when you return to your home state.
- The judge may impose heavy fines, monetary penalties and other court costs associated with your traffic charges. I know that it can be difficult to pay an expensive traffic ticket while also dealing with auto insurance issues in the aftermath of a ticket, so I will fight to get your traffic charges dismissed or reduced.
- Your motor vehicle insurance company could elect to hike your insurance rates or drop you from coverage entirely, depending on the type of traffic ticket.
- The Montgomery Town Traffic Court judge may have the option to suspend or revoke your NY driver’s license.
Negotiating a Plea Deal Prior to Trial: I have 36 years of experience practicing law in New York traffic courts. That experience has enabled me to develop advanced negotiating skills that I will use to help get you the best possible outcome to your traffic charge. I will examine the details of your traffic stop and determine whether your legal rights were violated. For example, if the officer who ticketed you lacked probable cause to stop your vehicle, I may be able to get your traffic ticket dismissed.
I will speak with the police officer and/or the prosecutor to negotiate a favorable plea deal on your behalf, possibly getting the charges dropped or reduced. If the officer wrote you up for more than one traffic offense on the same ticket, I will try to get all of the traffic violations merged into a single charge. When a plea bargain is not possible, I will fight for you in court.
- Going to Trial in Montgomery Town Court: I prepare every case for trial so that there are never any surprises – I want to be ready for anything. If necessary, I will fight for you in Montgomery Town Traffic Court, questioning witnesses and scrutinizing the opposition’s evidence so that I can beat your traffic ticket and help you avoid the most severe penalties.
If you’ve been charged with a moving violation in Montgomery, NY or anywhere else in Orange County, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. can help you. I have successfully represented many clients facing traffic charges in New York. Call me day or night at (866) 265-0222 to discuss your traffic case or schedule a consultation at my office in Saugerties, New York.